install FreeBSD using PPPoE

ar aranenko at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:36:22 PST 2004

Okay Randy, thanks a lot!

First, yes, I have not received your previous message for some reason.

Second, the other site you have pointed out: http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net is accessible.

Third, the PPPoE connect works perfect, when configured the way you described.

Although I have not finished the installation yet, I hope I will get through this (if not I will ask again :) ). But in general, all this excellently works.

Here is what I did not get through myself: why would I need to initialize ppp? The answer is: to bring up that command line interface ppp on the next available tty and be able to enter ppp.conf lines such as real PPPoE device, authname, authkey, etc.

Thank you very much again for your help!

Alex.