hello again, devfs, hello

Frederick Thomas nikita_the_jew at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 10:39:41 PST 2004

hi
     I just wondering if anyone is still out there who cn actually help me with the problem I'm having with devfs and my sound card. devfs did'nt automatically create any node I would normally expect to find , [/dev/snd/;/dev/dsp(although it did create dsp0.0 and 0.1);
/dev/audio(for the sparc);and /dev/mixer]. now I know that people are busy, getting their own sh*t together, however I have been looking for any documetation other than the manpage for the last 3 hours on the web and haven't found a thing. I have an old dell
optiplex gx1 with onboard sound that worked fine under freebsd 4.8. I see pcm0 in dmegboot, and catting sndstat gives me my card.I just want to know what to do to create the necessary nodes step by step... thanks

                                                                                                 nikita