starting /stand/sysinstall in single user mode, how?

Didier WIROTH didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Sat Jan 17 05:46:47 PST 2004

hi,
(concerns freebsd 5.2-release)
when I restart in single user mode with: "shutdown now"
I choose: /bin/csh as my shell.
Set TERM variable: set TERM cons25
and try to start sysinstall: /stand/sysinstall

A message appears:
Try to set the TERM variable before using sysinstall
Sysinstall will use ASCII mode ..
(The message is not 100% exact)
It looks like it doesn't accept or recognize the TERM variable? What's wrong
with my TERM variable, I have also tried:
set TERM=cons25 or anything imaginable, nothing worked!
What can I do?

It is actually impossible to use sysinstall in ASCII mode, you can't
navigate in it, it immediately crashes.

many thanks