Compile Options

alexandream at infolink.com.br alexandream at infolink.com.br
Fri Jan 16 15:47:53 PST 2004

Hello, everybody.
   I've just installed my brand new FreeBSD 5.2 system in this machine. I've
never used FreeBSD before and I'm quite used to work with linux (specially
Slackware, although the last 4 months I've been using Gentoo for most of my
daily work).
   The Question is that I could not find anything that resembled Gentoo's USE
Flags, so I'd like to know if THERE IS anything like it, where could I read
'bout it (I've been checking the ports chapter in the Handbook but.. no luck).

   Well, that is it. If anyone could help I'd appreciate, since I've been
loving the way this system 'looks' (the /etc directory is just incredibly well
structured).

   Thanks,
      Alexandre Moreira.

PS: I apologize for any mispelling or any of the like, for English is not my
primary language (Brasil)