IBM 325 Server install - hangs on scsi settle

Andy Clements awc at candhsoftware.com
Thu Jan 15 14:49:35 PST 2004

Hello,

I have IBM 325 PCServer with one 200 Pentium Pro CPU and two SCSI HDD
drives and a SCSI CDROM.  I'm installing FreeBSD 4.9 via floppy and it
hangs when it says:

Waiting 15 seconds for drives to settle

I notice that it is accessing the cdrom, during the wait, but nothing
else happens.  I've checked the mailing list and all I see is to turn
the bios virus detect off.  It seem that quite a few people are having
this problem...

any ideas? interrupt problem?

please CC with your reply as I am not on the list.

Thanks in advance,
Andy Clements