dual-booting with xp

Duane Winner duanewinner at att.net
Thu Jan 15 08:13:09 PST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.9 on a machine that already has XP
installed. It has 3 SCSI drives. I would like to keep XP on the first
drive, and install FreeBSD on the third drive and make it dual-boot.
What's the easiest way?

When I installed, I made a slice on the 3rd disk (using entire disk) and
created my partitions there. I also selected the FreeBSD bootmanager,
but it doesn't seem to write to the first disk, so now when I reboot, I
don't get a bootmanager menu at all, but go right into XP every time.

Thanks,
Duane