Error in Makefile?

David Meier meier at logmail.net
Wed Jan 14 12:53:50 PST 2004

I am trying to build mod_jk-1.2.5 from source on 4.9-RELEASE and I
encounter at the end of the build process the following error:

/usr/local/bin/bash /usr/local/apache/build/libtool --silent
--mode=install cp `pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
*** Error code 1

Whe looking at the Makefile it looks like the build stops at that command:

mod_jk.so: mod_jk.la
        $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp $< `pwd`/$@

I have no expirience in writing Makefiles, however, it looks like that
line does not work on FreeBSD.

Anyone any idea to rewrite the line or to edit the command manually? Thanks.

Dave.