New installation: Hanging when trying to dial out

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 13 07:43:49 PST 2004

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Boothman wrote:

> How are you trying to mount your floppy? "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0
> /mnt"?

Well, I was just naively trying mount /dev/fd0 /mnt, but now I've tried
it as you suggest, and again gotten "Device not configured". This is
also what fdformat gives me when I try to format the disk. I'm also
unable so far to mount the CD drive.

>  Are your serial ports probed correctly during boot? Look at
> "dmesg|grep cuaa".

Now, that's interesting. I get results for sio, but nothing for cuaa or
tty.

All the best,

	John A