XFree86 configuration

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Tue Jan 13 05:43:47 PST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 02:31 am, Carvalho Paulo wrote:
>    Hello everyone,
>    I just installed FreeBSD 4.9, and when I try to
> cofigure X through sysinstall it gives an error
> message in the end. The messege says that an error has
> ocurred and asks if I want to try again. I tried
> several times and then gave up.
>    What I want to know is if there is any way that I
> can know what went wrong so that I can do it right.
> The error message does not give any clue as to what
> hapened.
>    Thanks in advance for taking time to read this
> message and for a possible reply.
>
>    Paulo de Carvalho.

I stopped using the X configuration utilities in favor of 'XFree86 -configure'
to let XFree86 make its best guess at my hardware.  It creates a
configuration file under /root/ for review and modification.  There are
directions at:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould