named.conf question (controls statement being ignored)

August Simonelli deviledog at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Jan 13 01:01:32 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've just installed bind9 from ports. I've got everything set up and
the nameserver works except rndc. I've followed numerous instructions
(bind howto, freebsd ezine) and still keep getting a strange error in
my syslog. I won't post named.conf or rndc.conf yet as the error
doesn't seem to point to them as being the problem. When i run
/usr/sbin/named everything starts ok but i get:

/etc/namedb/named.conf:102: Ignoring BIND 9 inet control clause

in /var/log/messages

my controls statement in named.conf is:

controls {
         inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { "mykey"; };
         };

any thoughts?

august