Sound not working on laptop

Mazen S. Alzogbi freebsd at mazenalzogbi.com
Sat Jan 10 17:23:32 PST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for everyone who helped (and is helping me) to find my
way in the great world of FreeBSD.

I learned how to recompile the
kernel and I did compile it with "device pcm" and "device pcm0 at ...."
but it didn't work. I tried and tried and tried and spent almost 3 hours
with no luck. Finally, I found that my sound card is SiS 7012 and I
THINK it's a builtin one in the Motherboard.

Amazingly, the sound card on my desktop machine (which runs FreeBSD 4.9
of course) is running smoothly.

Could you please advise what would be the next thing I should do.

Again, thanks.

Cheers,

Mazen