Syslogd sending messages to two files

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Fri Jan 9 14:54:51 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:54:13PM +0000, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Recently I setup a Soekris machine with M0n0wall and redirected the log
> files to a freebsd server. In /etc/syslogd I have:
> !ipmon
> *.*                                             /var/log/mono.log
Try adding local0.none to the line for /var/log/messages in
/etc/syslog.conf - remember to send a HUP signal to syslogd after the
changes are made :P

ie:

*.notice;kern.debug;mail.crit;news.err;local0.none	/var/log/messages

!ipmon
*.*                                             /var/log/ipmon.log

which works to just log ipmon messages to /var/log/ipmon.log and not
/var/log/messages.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer