Informations about FreeBsd for University Project

Vulpes Velox kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com
Fri Jan 9 09:18:33 PST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:51:16 +0100
andrea.vacondio at fastwebnet.it wrote:

> Good morning,
> I'm a student in Computer Science at university of Bologna (Italy). I'm
> developing a project called "Scheduling Algorithms In Modern Operating
> Systems" and i'm writing you to ask some documentation on it. In particular,
> i'd like to find informations about type of scheduler in FreeBSD, threads and
> multithreading managing and priority assignment. It'd be very helpful for
> me if you could drive me to some good articles or any other type of documents
> on it. It'd be usefull to have infos on how it's changed FreeBSD scheduler
> till the last version 5.X.
> I'm going to send this email and research results to some of the most famous
> italian online magazines to help tham write a good article on this subject
> and the different engineering strategies taken by different operating systems
> developing teams.
> Hoping to have your attention.

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html

That should answer some of your questions. Afaik most of this would be best
answered by looking at the sources... can't think of any docs over some of it...