In Search Of: libintl.so.4

Mauricio supremedalek at hotpop.com
Fri Jan 9 08:59:58 PST 2004

         I am trying to install wget in this freebsd 5.1 box.  So, I
downloaded ports.tar.gz off freebsd.org, untarred and unzipped it,
and went to ports/ftp/wget.  I then typed "make" just to get the
following error message during the configuration:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found

S, I asked the machine where this library could be hiding:

daffy# find / -name libintl.so.4 -print
/usr/ports/devel/gettext/work/gettext-0.11.5/intl/.libs/libintl.so.4
daffy#

I am confused:  AFAIK, wget wants gettext-0.12.1, which I did install
earlier yesterday.  So, why does it still want the earlier version?