What is the end of FreeBSD ?!

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Thu Jan 8 16:26:29 PST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 06:19 pm, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,
>

>             I don't know Who can answer it or Do FreeBSD creaters watching
> this list but I wonder What is the end of FreeBSD OS.
>
> I mean Does it like RedHat ?! one day will come and FreeBSD will inform "
> After that , We are Not Free " !!!!

I understand your point. RedHat has done something odd by splitting off.
Redhat is now Enterprise (for those that will pay) and Fedora (Think of it as
StarOffice and OpenOffice).

I seen how LindowsOS has gone too over the past 18 months. From an almost free
OS to almost a pay for everything.

In any event - I have been with FreeBSD since 2.x.x and its still been free
with the option to buy the CD's. Will they fall the same way as the before
mentioned? I doubt it.

--
Best regards,
Chris