Commercial graphics drivers for 5.x ??

Robert Downes nullentropy at lineone.net
Thu Jan 8 00:53:12 PST 2004

Nick Tonkin wrote:

> Andrew, thanks for the pointer. The XFree86 nv driver is what I have
> been using. I'm going to try to install and use Nvidia's own one.

Really? I'm using a GeForce 2 MX 400 (64Mb) RAM, and I get an excellent
picture with a Philips 109P2 monitor, using the nv driver for X.

Given that you've been using FreeBSD since 2.x, this question is going
to be insulting, but...

Have you specified everything you can in the XF86Config file? Monitor
rates, monitor measurements, etc? Seems strange that the same graphics
chip could give such different performance.

--
Bob