IPFW confusion

Ben Quick general at benquick.f9.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 12:48:58 PST 2004

Hi Subhro,
 Thanks for your reply

The reason I want the server to route between the internal network and
the router is because I only want to allow specific clients out onto the
internet, and I can't see how to do this with the router I've got. Plus,
it's a good excuse to try to learn something new :-)

You say it's expected that I can't ping. It's things like this that
confuse me, due to lack of understanding on my part, I've allowed all
traffic through. Of so I thought...

I've had a quick skim of the HOWTO, and it seems informative. But, it's
still the IPFW rules that get me all confused

Ben