5.2-RC Install Issue

Thomas Moyer tommoyer at charter.net
Wed Jan 7 05:00:08 PST 2004

Well the BIOS is not that old (less than 6 monthes) and as far as I know
nothing special is enabled.  I succesfully installed 5.0 and 5.1 on it
when they came out but when trying to install 5.2-RC2 it fails with
messages below.

Hi Thomas,
What's the age of the BIOS which is there on the mother board? I would
recommend update it. Also disable fancy things like BIOS memory
cacheable and memory shadowing in the BIOS

Regards
Subhro

Subhro Sankha Kar
Indian Institute of Information Technology
Block AQ-13/1, Sector V
Salt Lake City
PIN 700091
India