would Promise SX6000 controller work under 5.1?

alex dynaweb at dnn.ru
Tue Jan 6 23:40:48 PST 2004

Hi ppl!

I've a FreeBSD box with Promise TX2000 UATA controller and RAID0 array
on it.
It works good.
But not long ago I've lost some importaint data because of disk failure.
(Jesus last years HDDs are getting worse and worse)
So I decided to change for SX6000 that can handle RAID5 in IDE array but
didn't find it in official hardware compatibility list.
I have no idea if Promise uses some kind of generic command set like
Nvidia for TNT or GeForce and hence I need no worring or not.
So can anyone estimate if it works or not ?

Alex