inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem

michael Alexander linux at milwaukeevalve.com
Tue Jan 6 06:38:15 PST 2004

In your bios, is there an option for the pcmcia type??  Such as Auto,
cardbus, and something else that I can't remember right now... I don't know
if the Dell's have that option, I haven't checked mine, but I know our
toshiba's had it.  I haven't tried freebsd on a notebook, but when using
Novell Netware's Zenworks Imaging, which uses linux base for the clients
before imaging, I always had to set that option in bios to be cardbus (auto
would not work) for the cards we had (3com/megahertz FE575) in order for it
to be detected.

-Mike