changing configure options when using a port

Gautam Gopalakrishnan ggop at madras.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 6 03:42:55 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:33:49PM +1100, August Simonelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm slowly getting used to FreeBSD from a Linux background so forgive
> the ignorant questions.
>
> I'm curious what the best way to add configure options are when
> installing from a port. For example, i'd like to add --enable-rewrite
> to apache2. Can I just put it in the Makefile in /usr/ports/www/apache2
> ? Is this generally the best way to do this?

If you look at the Makefile in /usr/ports/www/apache2, you would
notice a variable called WITH_MODULES. You would need to see what
modules you want and run make like:

make WITH_MODULES="include rewrite auth" install clean

or whatever you want. There are examples given in the makefile.
You could change the makefile, but it will be overwriten next time
you upgrade the ports collection.

hth
Gautam