How do I read digital camera on USB port with hppsmtools?

Olaf Hoyer ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Mon Jan 5 04:09:00 PST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Ken Seggerman wrote:

> I have a USB port on my old laptop running FreeBSD 4.3 Release.
>
> usb0: OHCI version 1.0
> usb0: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> on ohci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
> usb0: OHCI version 1.0
> usb0: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> on ohci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
>
> I plug the camera into the USB port, turn on the camera, it beeps and says
> it is connected to a computer.
>
> When I use the hppsmtools-1.0 command "psmdir -port /dev/usb0 all",
> or change PSM_DIR to /dev/usb0 (the default is the serial port), and
> issue the command "psmdir all", I get "Error raising DTR.  Errno 22".
hi!

Well, seems like problems with the software, that thinks it is still a
RS232 serial...

otherwise, have a look at:
/usr/ports/graphics/gphoto2

BTW, since 4.3-R is a bit old, there might also be a slight possibility,
that in case gphoto has problems, whether your camera is not supported
by gphoto, or you should upgrade to 4.9, since there were some works in
the usb stack between 4.3 und now...

HTH
Olaf

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)