starting daemons at server start

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sun Jan 4 16:23:37 PST 2004

Marty Landman <MLandman at face2interface.com> writes:

> Speaking of permissions, I've got my fbsd box set up with apache2 as a
> local development environment. It's working great and would save me
> tons of time u/l'g and testing changes remotely if I could keep my
> hands off the darned config. :)

I'm not an expert at Apache, exactly, but I can tell that you need to
be more specific about the changes you're making, and why, before
anybody can help you find a way to avoid doing that.

> I bring this up because where I'm stymied with Apache is having to
> workaround my failure to recompile it with suexec enabled by changing
> file permissions to what they won't be on the live servers.

That sentence is close to grammatically correct, but it's painfully
contorted...

What are you using suexec for (or what would you use it for)?
A lot of workarounds tend to be just as much of a security concern as
suexec is itself.

> Just in case anyone's interested....

Well, no, but willing to help anyway...

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/