HD problems after power outage

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 14:08:54 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:36:21PM -0600, backdoc wrote:
> I lost power at my house for a moment this morning which is causing some
> problems with my second hard drive.

[ fsck tale of woe...]

> I try to rerun fsck, but this pattern only repeats.  Is there a way to
> fix this?? Or, am I toast?

Toasted to a nice golden brown on both sides.  You've had a head crash
on that second drive, which has created a scratch right across a
number of disk sectors.  Time to chuck that disk in the bin and
restore your backups[1] onto a new one.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[1] You *do* have backups, don't you?