How to create .iso file image of cdrom (atapi)?

W. Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Sun Jan 4 07:29:15 PST 2004

Hi,

Is there a straightforward way of creating a file image (.iso) of a data
cdrom mounted in an atapi cd-rom drive? All my googling has turned up is
suggestions like dd if=/dev/acd0 ... but I neither have nor can create (with
MAKEDEV) /dev/acd0 (only /dev/acd0a and /dev/acd0c - FreeBSD 4.8)

I've previously used Windows solutions to do this and thought I should be
able to do it in FreeBSD with my eyes closed, but now I could use some help
in prising them open!

Thanks,

Wayne