ISC dhcpd serve configuration question

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Jan 1 18:02:26 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 08:26:00PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> stan <stanb at panix.com> writes:
>
> > Looking at tcpdump it _si_ a bootp packet that it sends, so I'm wondering
> > if this line is the problem?
> >

> > 	deny dynamic bootp clients;
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> How do you know that the packet is BOOTP?  BOOTP and DHCP use the same
> protocol type, so tcpdump(1) (for example) won't be able to
> distinguish between them.

OK, I just was going by what the tcpdump said.

So, the line should just prevent bootp clients from getting a lease, right?

> Did the server respond at all?

The client nver got a lease, at all. I don't believe I saw a reply in the
tcpdump.

Can I bump up the debuging level on the server?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin