Install on IBM X30

Iavor Raytchev pobox at verysmall.org
Thu Jan 1 10:10:11 PST 2004

Hello,

I have an IBM X30 laptop without external CD or FDD - so I can't boot from
CD or FDD. I have also no network access to another computer. I can just
download the installation software form the FreeBSD web site. Is there a way
to install FreeBSD in such situation?

Randy Pratt advised me to see the Handbook section 2.13.4 "Installing from
an MS-DOS® Partition":

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-diff-media
.html

This sounds a perfect solution, but I still have one question - how do I
boot? In the Handbook I can find only description how to boot from external
media (FDD, CD). Is there a way to boot form the same HDD?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Iavor