How do I install Netscape Linux binary on FreeBSD 4.3?

T Kellers kellers at njit.edu
Thu Jan 1 08:25:18 PST 2004

I think that's the wrong verfsion of linux-netscape, you probably need:

communicator-v48-us.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
or
navigator-v48-us.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz

both can be installed via the ports at /usr/ports/www/netscape48-communicator

or

/usr/ports/www/netscape48-navigator

(if you have ports collection installed)

Note that the ports are supposed to work with the latest releases of the OS
(currently 4.9 and 5.1); you may need to upgrade your OS to 4.9 to get any
ports to run.   FreeBSD 5.1 is still a development release; if you upgrade
stick to the FreeBSD 4.9 path.

HTH

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT