Pkgdb Problem -- /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb:35:in

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 11:53:15 PST 2004

Hello,

I run FreeBSD 4.9 and just ran my weekly CVSup followed by portsdb -uU and
portupgrade -arR.  I came across the following message which looks similar
to one previously posted today.  I'm relatively new at this and just
question
whether or not the previous response is the same for my situation (e.g.,
delete
portupgrade and ruby* and then rebuild portupgrade).  BTW, what happens
to the
ruby files that are removed?

Thanks,
Bob Perry

/usr/local/sbin/pkgdb:35:in `require': No such file to load -- pkgtools
(LoadError)
        from /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb:35
--->  Backing up the old version
--->  Uninstalling the old version
/usr/local/sbin/pkg_deinstall:35:in `require': No such file to load --
pkgtools (LoadError)
        from /usr/local/sbin/pkg_deinstall:35
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
        ! accessibility/gnomemag (gnomemag-0.10.6)      (uninstall error)
        ! databases/ruby-bdb1 (ruby-bdb1-0.2.1) (uninstall error)
        ! math/gcalctool (gcalctool-4.3.46)     (uninstall error)
        ! editors/AbiWord2 (AbiWord2-gnome-2.0.3_1)     (uninstall error)

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0