procmail

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Fri Feb 27 15:19:57 PST 2004

Hi Brian,

--On Friday, February 27, 2004 05:01:03 PM -0600 "Henning, Brian"
<B.Henning at navitaire.com> wrote:

> I gave that a try.
> echo ./Maildir/ >> /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery

perfect..

> When I run:
> gotmail --use-procmail --procmail-bin `which procmail` -u b1henning -p
> <password>
>
> It delivers in the mbox instead of the Maildir.
> I tried you recipie changes you sugested and the .procmailrc changes.

I am not familiar with gotmail, but maybe it is calling the default global
.procmailrc file instead of your local .procmailrc file. Also check your
procmail logs (if you have it turned on), and your logs from gotmail, if it
has logging capabilities..  also, the newer procmail versions do support
Maildir delivery, whereas the older versions do not.. and the older
versions should be used with a program called Safecat, but not needed for
newer procmail versions.

This not having a defaultdelivery file in your system also worries me, as
it should have been installed by default.

--
Gary