Recovering Data from a reformatted drive

Benjamin P. Keating bkeating at teov.org
Thu Feb 26 13:31:13 PST 2004

[sry is this is a duplicate, I cannot find evidence that my first send
made it to the mailing list]

I have a hard drive that had lots of important data on it. It was
reformatted and I have no backups (lesson learned). It was a ccd mirror
of two 100gig drives. Once the reformat of this ccd completed the
machine was shut down to prevent writing to this disk even more so.

It's a newfs FS on FreeBSD 4.9. Anyone have any tips on how to recover
the data? Im lost and don't have the $4k to send it into a data recovery
center.

Any help would be excellent! Im really stumpped and it's a drive for
work... lots of stress

-Thanks, Ben