burncd + 5.2

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Feb 26 06:32:20 PST 2004

Martin Vana <martin.vana at vslib.cz> writes:

> I've got problems blanking/burning cds on my teac cd writer, burncd will
> fall into nanslp and stop responding:
>  1288K   624K nanslp   0:01  0.00%  0.00% burncd
> I know that this was an issue a while ago but is it fixed yet?
> How to fix it?

I've had problems like that when the drive hardware itself is hanging
up and stops responding to commands.  Most often, it's triggered by
bad media.  I took enough of a look at it to see that there isn't much
the OS can do about it (however, -STABLE has had some recent
improvements -- within the last few months, anyway -- that reduce the
impact on other system functionality).  So for me, anyway, I've
written it off as a price of cheap hardware.