Volari and potential FreeBSD driver

peter lageotakes plageotakes at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 22:48:27 PST 2004

Good morning FreeBSD,

I just received an email from XGI, with respect to new
Linux Drivers for their graphics cards.  I am
currently trying to find out if they will support
FreeBSD in Linux Binary Compatibility mode or do a
native port.  At present, I am awaiting to hear back
from XGI.

FYI: www.xgitech.com

I just received feedback from XGI and was advised that
they will be opening up the source code for the
drivers.
"Hi we will open the source code for public to porting
it to other OS. I wonder anyone would be interesting
in maintaining Volari source code?"

Sorry about the posting to multiple mailing lists.
Any advice on the appropriate contacts? Would this
better be served on an X11 or Hardware mailing list?
Or on XFree?

Pete

=====
ESCape with VI. Cheese A La mode.