changing the boot0 menu

Alan Freed AlFreed at ohio.net
Mon Feb 23 11:27:01 PST 2004

Hi,

I have just installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my laptop.  I've been an avid
RedHat user since vs 3, but their recent marketing change has made
it unrealistic for me to stay with them, so I purchased your CD
bundle and installed it.

I have a specific ?  I use several OS's, and your bootloader finds
them all; however, it prints a ?? on the screen because they are
unknown to BSD.  I look at the /boot/boot0 file which contains this
information, but I don't know how to edit it.  Do you have a way
that I can edit the menu so that when I select a non-FreeBSD OS I
know what I'm getting?

It is going to take me a good week to get everything configured
and running, but it seems that this will happen, it will just take
time.

You really need to get teTeX in your Ports distribution!!!

Thanks,

Al
--
Alan D. Freed, Ph.D.        phone:  1-216-433-8747
Polymers Branch, MS 49-3    fax:    1-216-977-7132