ISP dialing with callback

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 22 15:20:07 PST 2004

Try changing the following which you have
sitel:
 set phone 2053203
 set authname CALLER
 set authkey MYPASSWORD
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.255
 add default HISADDR
 set callback auth cbcp E.164 6661313
 set cbcp 6661313

To this
sitel:
 set phone 2053203
 set authname CALLER
 set authkey MYPASSWORD
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.255
 add default HISADDR
 set callback cbcp
 set cbcp 6661313

with 6661313 being the phone number and area code of the phone line
connected to the modem which is to answer the callback call.

You failed to say if you can hear your modem answer the incoming
call, you have to

Configure Modem to answer call using HAYES Commands

ALL external and internal PCI voice phone modems since they were
first developed, have been manufactured to comply to the Hayes
standard. When you turn on your modem or reset it, your modem loads
the 'active configuration profile' into non-volatile memory (NVRAM).
The active configuration profile is a group of configuration
settings, derived from the values of the modem's internal S
registers, that define how the modem will operate. The active
configuration profile can be either the factory-default, or one of
two user defined profiles. The first time your modem is turned on,
the factory-default profile is loaded into the 'active profile in
non-volatile memory (NVRAM). The factory-default profile is stored
in the modem's read-only-memory (ROM) and can not be changed. The
factory-default profile contains standard settings which allow the
majority of users to use their modem without every knowing about the
Hayes standard. Modems are not factory configured to answer incoming
calls by default, so you will have to manually create your own user
profile, enable auto answer on first ring, save it to one of the
user profiles in NVRAM, and tell the modem to use it on power up and
reset as the default profile.

Use 'tip' command to send Hayes commands to permanently configure
the modem to answer incoming calls.

Note: The Hayes modem commands are capital letters and the '0' is a
zero.

On the command line enter

	tip comX     where X is the com port your modem is on.
	AT&F0        load the factory default profile0 into current
profile.
	ATS0=1       tell current profile to answer on first ring.
	AT		 Enter AT command 10 times to train modem to 115200 speed
	AT&W0        write current profile to saved user profile0.
	AT&Y0        tell modem to load user profile0 as default profile on
power up.

Use  keyboard ~ key followed by . key to exit tip command.