UNEXPECTED SOFTUPDATES INCONSISTENCY

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Sun Feb 22 10:02:48 PST 2004

Hello Heinrich,

> what you write does make sense, although i really can't understand why
> this important info is not in the FreeBSD documentation.
> I have disabled write cache, but i will keep softupdates disabled as
> well for now, and see how the system behaves.

I think it was in there. But maybe I'm mixing this with Lehey's excellent but
somewhat dated Complete FreeBSD. Anyway, I've been using softupdates
since they became avalaible and never had a single problem with them.

Can't exactly say the same about ata(4) though but Soren was always
very helpful when problems arised.

Best regards,
 Gabriel