4.9-RELEASE + XP Pro problem

Joel Gudknecht jgudknecht at marathonmultimedia.com
Fri Feb 20 06:47:25 PST 2004

Hello All,

I'm having a hell of a time getting XP Pro and 4.9 on the same drive.
I've tried various ways to get them to co-exist to no avail.
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish;

30 GB HD total

First 24 GB = XP

Last 6 GB = 4.9

Installed XP first, then 4.9, said NONE at the boot menu during install.

Went to reboot and bsd had taken over either the boot sector or the mbr.

Tried xp recovery console, fixmbr, fixboot, nothing worked, bsd continues
to boot up by default.

What I want is to have the nt boot loader give the choice to boot into
bsd by using the boot1 -> bootsect.bsd method in boot.ini.

What I'm I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Joel