make is not working for me

greater_wyrm at yahoo.com.au greater_wyrm at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 17 08:36:15 PST 2004

forgive the newbie question please

I am trying to install a package called bpalogin (it authorises Bigpond
Broadband Cable users (Bigpond is an ISP in Australia)) and I have
followed the instructions from the
http://bpalogin.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=download

I have untarred th file and tried a make
the result is
"/usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk", line 0: Cannot open /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 0: Cannot open /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
make: fatal errors encoutered --cannot continue

I have set write permissions on both files and write and execute
permission on the Directories

I would like some pointers to what to look for.

I have a clean minimal install of 5.2

Thanks everyone