continued IPFW issues... (actually a lack of ability on my part)

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Sat Feb 14 18:32:46 PST 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 08:14 pm, Eric F Crist wrote:
> Well, from what I understand, isn't udp a state-less protocol?  How would
> established/keepstate/check-state work with that?

Ok, so I read that check-state/keep-state should be able to work with udp.
According to the man page, I should add:

ipfw add check-state
ipfw add allow udp from my-subnet to any keep-state
ipfw add deny udp from any to any

my-subnet was changed to my /29 network address (i.e. 1.2.3.4/29).  Still, the
rule following all of these is ipfw add allow udp from any to any and it's
getting all the packets.  I'm still reading, but the check-state isn't making
sense to me.

TIA
--
Eric F Crist