how to make psybnc

Chris Ganderton chris at p3ngu1n.org
Tue Feb 10 15:36:44 PST 2004

>    I would like to ask how to make psybnc on FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE
>    (GENERIC)
the psybnc port is in /usr/ports/irc/psybnc. Assuming the ports collection is installed on your system, just cd to
that directory and issue the command `make install' as root, which will start to install it.

If you don't have the ports collection installed, then mount your install cd and install it (using /stand/sysinstall, or goto the ports directory and use the install script for it.

>    i'm unfamiliar with FreeBSD's directory layout

Read the hier(7) manpage, to get to grips where everything is in FreeBSD. Reading the handbook in further detail should help you with other tasks, and different ways to install software and updates for your system.

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/index.html