LAN w/ 2 Hubs

Elsie Rae Bryan elsierae at c-interactions.com
Mon Feb 9 10:10:34 PST 2004

We are in the design phase for a small business LAN and want to use
FreeBSD as our DSL router/gateway/firewall/DHCP. We need to run a
backbone cable to a second hub in an adjacent building. Rather than
connecting the two hubs via a switch box, can a third NIC be used to
connect the second hub or should the second hub be connected thru the
up-link port on the first hub? We are leaning toward LinkSys products
for all our hardware (nics, adapters, hubs) and would appreciate any
advice on hardware selection.
This is our first eMail, please advise if we aren't following the
appropriate protocol. Thanks eRae