5.2 portupgrade: kde-3.2.0

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sun Feb 8 15:11:02 PST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 03:00 pm, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2004 1:20 pm, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 February 2004 08:33 am, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> > > Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in
> > > file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)
> > > Abort trap (core dumped)
> > >
> > > I'm unable to upgrade kde t o 3.2 due to the error above in
> > > kdelibs-3.2.0. Googling the error wasn't very helpful...the most
> > > enlightning message said 'something in your system is hosed,' or
> > > words to that effect.
> > >
> > > What do I need to do to correct this problem?
> >
> > man libmap.conf
> >
> > You need to map libc_r to pthread
>
> Thanks. That did the trick for compiling kdelibs, but portupgrade now
> fails with:
>
> --->  Installing the new version via the port
> ===>  Installing for kdelibs-3.2.0
>
> ===>  kdelibs-3.2.0 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       kdebase-3.1.4
>       They install files into the same place.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3.
> *** Error code 1
>
> After this, the remaining packages are skipped.

You needed to pkg_delete kdebase before you build kdelibs. If you still
have the work left for kdelibs do a make package. Then delete kdebase.
You can reinstall kdelibs after you delete kdebase. Files were moved
from kdebase into kdelibs and you have a problem similar to updating an
old version of XFree86-Server after you installed -libraries.

There is also a problem with kdepim and kdenetwork. I deleted both of
them before I began my portupgrade.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart