Linksys USB10T and USB10TA

devnull devnull at sublimation.org
Sun Feb 8 14:07:47 PST 2004

I purchased a Linksys usb ethernet interface based on it being listed as a
supported device for FreeBSD 4.9 - but now I'm having some issues with the
device driver.

First, its not the device I thought it was - apparently some USB10T's are
based on the Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B chip (supported under kue device
driver).  This is what I thought I was purchasing, as it said "USB10T"
quite clearly on the box.

However, when i connect this device to my USB bus, it is the aue driver
that attempts to attach the device.  Apparently I have a USB10TA, which is
based on a different chipset, the ADMtek AN986 Pegasus.  Thanks for
clearly labelling those products, LinkSys.

I was relieved to learn that this device is also listed in the supported
hardware for 4.9.  Unfortunately, mine is not working as expected.

the relevant portion of my dmesg is as follows:

aue0: LINKSYS Inc. LINKSYS USB Adapter, rev 1.10/1.01, addr 2
aue0: Ethernet address: 00:04:5a:a1:c4:65
aue0: MII without any PHY!
device_probe_and_attach: aue0 attach returned 6

also, usbdevs -v reports as follows:

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA(0x0000), rev
1.00
 port 1 addr 2: power 86 mA, config 1, LINKSYS USB Adapter(0x2206),
LINKSYS Inc.(0x066b), rev 1.01
 port 2 powered

can anyone offer some advice to get this interface working?  do i have
some third, unsupported version of the USB10T?

joe