OpenLDAP and Mozilla Messenger

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Sun Feb 8 06:35:07 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:06:32PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Does anybody know of a "GOOD" HOWTO to get Mozilla Messenger and
> OpenLDAP (2.2) to work well together [for addressbooks]?
>
> I have been searching for doco all day and I have downloaded schema and
> entered configurations to no avail.

I don't know about any howtos off-hand, but the #ldap channel on
irc.freenode.net was a good help to me.  I used the inetOrgPerson schema
which is the same schema for M$ Outlook, Pine, and several other mail
clients.  Also, for Mozilla to work, I needed to add the following line:

allow bind_v2

Other then that, I was able to add users just fine.
`

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C