userdbpw/5.2 producing inconsistent result

W. Sierke ws+freebsd-questions at au.dyndns.ws
Thu Feb 5 00:04:53 PST 2004

Thanks to anyone who bothered to answer my earlier question.

Unfortunately due to a problem related to the original reason for my
question, sendmail started rejecting messages and I've lost at least a few
hours worth of messages and if you replied I missed it.

In the meantime I've learned about adding SALT to passwords and realise that
the differing results from userdbpw weren't the source of my userdb problems
which is what originally led me to think that the password encryption might
have been at fault.

Thanks,

Wayne