Vulnerability check disabled

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Feb 4 10:25:41 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 13:17, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:31:27 +1100
> Gautam Gopalakrishnan <ggop at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Hope I'm not missing something obvious, but since today morning, I've
> > been getting wierd warnings when running make in the ports:
> >
> > [madras!/usr/ports/www/apache13]# make fetch-recursive
> > ===> Fetching all distfiles for apache-1.3.29_1 and dependencies
> > ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
> > ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
> > ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
> > ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
> > [madras!/usr/ports/www/apache13]# cd ../mod_php4
> > [madras!/usr/ports/www/mod_php4]# make fetch
> > ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
> > [madras!/usr/ports/www/mod_php4]#
> >
> > Happened in www/zope as well.
>
> What about reading
> /usr/ports/CHANGES ?

Yep, that will talk about it.

> and
>
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
> To: ports at FreeBSD.org, questions at FreeBSD.org, current at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: HEADS UP: MAJOR changes to the ports system
> thread on ports ?

This thread doesn't cover the vulnerability change.  Basically, we now
have the ability to keep a dynamic database of ports vulnerabilities
which the ports system can check.  If you do not have the database
installed, you'll get the benign Vulnerability check disabled message.

Joe