ftp/fetch/cvsup behind a firewall

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Feb 2 19:21:50 PST 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 11:18 am, Anthony Discolo wrote:
> I don't have a /usr/share/examples/etc/defaults/make.conf, but I have
> a /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf.  But it doesn't have a FETCH_ENV
> line in it.
>
> I'm sure someone has been successful in running cvsup behind a
> firewall? After all, don't all these tools use ftp indrectly?

I use cvsup behind the ipfw firewall. I thought I had to allow port
5999, which is the port cvsup used to talk to the server, and will have
to look at my firewall rules more closely. I use a cvs-mirror to
maintain my outside information. I have fewer problems accessing the
mirror from inside my firewall. A 100mpbs network is also much faster
than my DSL line :).

Do you have control of the firewall?

Kent

--