Passing options to a 'make install clean'

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Dec 31 17:40:56 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 08:36:57PM -0500, Sean wrote:

> Actually I am running 5.3 Release.
> tardis# gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Configured with: FreeBSD/amd64 system compiler
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728
>
> It is probably due to the amd64 platform.

OO needs to compile that version of gcc because it doesn't compile
with random other versions of gcc including the system compiler.  As I
mentioned in private mail, even if you could get all the dependencies
built, I don't think OO itself has been ported to build on amd64, so
you're really out of luck here.  You might be able to get an i386
version to run with some effort, but I'm not aware of anyone who has
tried this (let alone succeeded).

Kris