libgcc_s.so.1 not found, required by "user_home"

Sergei Gnezdov sgnezdov at pobox.com
Wed Dec 29 20:18:15 PST 2004

My default shell is csh.  Every time I start rxvtEvery time I start rxvt or
csh from rxvt I get the following message.  The message does not seem to
affect anything:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgcc_s.so.1" not found, required by
"user_home"

I've never seen this message before.  I just finished cvsup and portupgrade
for the significunt portion of my system.

I am running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18
UTC 2004     root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386