Onstream DI-30 'mt erase' command no longer working in freebsd 4.8-RELEASE

Scott Stoddard scott at gblx.net
Wed Dec 29 15:59:25 PST 2004

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround for this problem. I see this question has been posted awhile back but couldnt find a reply. Other tape operations seem to be working but I cannot erase a used tape. I know this has worked in the past so not sure if something has changed in the newer distros, any suggestions? Thanks!

root at homer:~# mt -f /dev/ast0 erase
mt: /dev/ast0: erase: Input/output error

--Scott